Colour: Red — This is the “I Am Essence”
The root chakra is located at the base of the spine and tailbone area. It is the foundation that supports our emotional stability, the feeling of being safe and secure. As this chakra connects to a person’s day-to-day survival here on earth. The role of the root chakra is responsible for the need for survival. This also includes everything from our financial and emotional security. Our basic needs for food, water, shelter, and safety.
Balancing this chakra creates a solid foundation for your other energy centers. A balanced root chakra is your core centre to feeling emotional stability. When the root chakra is balanced this is called grounding.
The Sanskrit name of the root chakra is Muladhara. Which is a combination of two Sanskrit words. Mula, means root and Adhara, means support or base.
What a Balanced Root Chakra Feels Like:
- Feeling very grounded as a person.
- Feeling general happiness within yourself and with life.
- Feeling connected as a whole and to your higher self.
- A sense of accomplishment and contentment with your financial and living situation
When the Root Chakra is Overactive:
- Very unbalanced in all areas of your life.
- Living in a state of panic, anxiety, and/or fear.
- Struggling and/or stressing over financial situations.
- Struggling with close relationships and the ones that you have with yourself.
How to Balance Your Overactive Root Chakra:
- Heal your inner child wounds.
- The ability to manage your own survival requirements to the best of your ability.
- Stand in your power by working on self-love. This will also improve your self-confidence, self-worth, self-esteem, and self-care.
- Use healthy methods to balance yourself. Prayer, meditation, self-affirmations, manifestations, yoga, tai chi, enjoying a favourite hobby or activity.
When the Root Chakra is Blocked:
- If you are an adult and you’re unable to mentally provide for your own survival needs. That means you need to rely on someone else to provide your security.
- Constant daydreaming and having trouble concentrating. You have no trust in yourself and you believe that you are dumb etc
- The feeling of being stuck, not knowing how to fix or change a situation. Living in constant fear and being too scared to move out of your comfort zone. Even though your situation is pretty dark and rough where you are.
How to Energise a Block Root Chakra:
- Practicing self-grounding rituals
- Hugging and connecting with a tree
- Reconnecting to the earth by being out in nature.
- Physical exercise, yoga, meditation, dance, tai chi, etc.
- Gardening, swimming in the ocean or a lake, or even playing in nature can energise your root chakra.
- Step onto the earth bare-footed and imagine that your feet are growing roots into the earth. In a similar manner, as a tree does, this will ground your energy.
- Take control of your independence and be responsible for your own personal needs. Start by setting small goals until you are comfortable with achieving the larger ones.
- Listening to binaural beats 396 and/or 432Hz
- Practice your affirmations on a daily basis.
- Self-hypnosis or hypnotherapy sessions
- Self-empowerment healing, using crystals, tapping, herbs, etc.
- Chakra balancing meditations
+++ Please do not listen to any binaural beats or hypnosis if you suffer from seizures or epilepsy. Please seek advice from your medical practitioner before trying these methods. +++
Self-hypnosis, meditations, and binaural beat music are best listened to while wearing headphones. Earpods will also give you the same benefits as headphones.
Other Healing Techniques:
- Mantra: By chanting “LAM” for a few minutes. This opens up the energy for your prosperity and the feeling of security. It is also suggested that the LAM chanting, helps when you’re struggling with low energy.
- Yoga Poses: Easy Pose, Garland Pose, Balasana Pose, and Standing Forward Fold.
- Crystals/Gemstones: Jasper, Onyx, Smoky Quartz, Hematite, Obsidian, Tourmaline, Rhodonite, Garnet, and Bloodstone.
- Pure Essential Oils/Herbs: Cedarwood, Frankincense, Patchouli, and Sandalwood. As it provides a sense of grounding and centres the mind, it aids in the opening and balancing of the root chakra.
- Affirmations: I feel safe and secure in my body and grounded in the earth. I nurture my body, providing it with the nourishment it needs to be healthy. I am calm, I can deal with all life’s occurrences. I am responsible.
- Archangels: Invite Archangel Uriel and Archangel Chamuel to join you in a short meditation. Ask Archangel Uriel to come to earth and ground your root chakra energy. Then ask Archangel Chamuel to help you with self-love and love for others. Archangel Chamuel can also help with forgiveness and any relationship problems.
- Invite Mother Mary into your life on a daily basis. Mother Mary is an Ascendant Master who aids in the healing of the inner child.
Physical Ailments that is Possible to Experience:
- Bladder and colon issues.
- Hip pain and arm, leg, foot, and lower back issues.
- Ovarian cysts in women, prostate issues in men, and impotence.
- Digestive problems, kidney stones, inflammation, and varicose veins.
Psychological Ailments that is Possible to Experience:
- Eating disorders, addictions, and obsessions
- Depression, phobias, feeling of abandonment, loneliness
- Panic attacks, anxiety disorders, no confidence
- Inability to make rational decisions and insecurities