Colour: Indigo – This is the “I see essence”.
Your third eye chakra represents your intuition, psychic energy, and extrasensory perception. There is a small pine-cone-shaped gland in your brain that takes in light and is connected to this chakra. This is called the pineal gland; it is responsible for the awareness of the difference between wrong and right.
Ancient cultures have been using their third eye to receive information from their ancestors and their source energies for centuries. Today, one can use their sixth sense through foretelling, meditation, channelling, and having strong intuition throughout the day.
The Sanskrit name for the Third Eye Chakra is called Ajna, which translates to “beyond wisdom.” Which is located between your eyebrows. This chakra opens up your mind to information beyond the material world and the five senses.
What a Balanced Third Eye Chakra Feels like:
- Having a balanced root, sacral, solar plexus, heart, and throat chakra.
- Possessing a clear vision, strong intuition, and skills.
- Creativity and expression in all areas of one’s life.
- The ability to connect with and clearly communicate with your guides, ancestors, angels, and other heavenly sources.
When the Third Eye Chakra is Overactive:
- Not being grounded and living in the human experience.
- Obsessed with seeing and experiencing the future and other dimensions.
- Not being in the present moment and being consumed by other worldly experiences.
- Hooked on astral travel, tarot reading, medium-ships, and physic predictions, astrology, and numerology predictions.
- Obsessed with paranormal experiences.
How to Energise your Third Eye Chakra:
- Keep a journal for confirmation.
- Spending time in nature and quieting the mind.
- Practising your intuition daily and by listening to your intuition.
When the Third Eye Chakra is Blocked:
- Experiencing nightmares and night terrors.
- Poor decision-making, judgement, and closed-mindedness.
- Having a monkey mind, which manifests as scattered thoughts and/or brain fog.
- A loss of one’s sense of intuition as we ignore our intuition and gut feelings.
How to Unblock your Third Eye Chakra:
- Learn how to truly ground yourself. Return to the root chakra and work your way up from there, then to the sacral chakra, solar plexus chakra, heart chakra, and throat chakra.
- Binaural Beats (369, 383, and 432hz), affirmations, self-hypnosis, and self-empowerment of healing and chakra balancing meditations. Wearing headphones or earbuds is required for this method to be effective.
++ Please do not listen to any binaural beats or hypnosis meditations if you suffer from seizures or epilepsy. Please seek advice from your medical professional who looks after your condition. +++
Other Healing Techniques:
- Mantra: By chanting “OM” for a few minutes, you open up your third eye chakra.
- Yoga Pose – Child’s pose, Lizard pose, Head to knee pose, and Downward facing dog.
- Crystals/Gemstones: Amethyst, Lapis Lazuli, Purple Fluorite, Black Obsidian, and/or Moldavite.
- Pure Essential Oils/Herbs – Sandalwood, Clary Sage, Cypress and/or Juniper.
- Affirmations: I am the source of creating my life the way I would like it to be. I am spiritually awake. I trust my intuition to guide and protect me.
- Archangel: Invite Archangel Zadkiel into a meditative state with you and ask Zadkiel to balance, earth, and ground your third eye chakra energy.
Physical Ailments that it is Possible to Experience:
- Eye problems and glaucoma.
- Ear problems and hearing difficulties.
- Spinal conditions and scalp/hair issues.
- Headaches, migraines, and learning difficulties.
Psychological Ailments that it is Possible to Experience:
- Nightmares and hallucinations.
- Seizures, neurological disorders, personality disorders and neuroses.
Thank you for allowing me to be your guiding light, beautiful souls. I’d love to hear from you and learn what you thought of my third eye chakra guide. I’m sending out a lot of protection to everyone. Sherry.